The New Zealand Association of Clinical Research (NZACRes) is a professional association for clinical researchers. It was formed to foster and promote clinical research in New Zealand.
NZACRes is a non-profit scientific educational organisation run by volunteer officers selected from its membership.
The objective of NZACRes shall be to promote medical research in New Zealand to improve public health. In particular, NZACRes will
- Foster clinical research in New Zealand;
- Facilitate the exchange of information amongst members interested in clinical research;
- Provide and foster education and training in clinical research;
- Facilitate communication amongst New Zealand clinical researchers and with other national and international clinical research organisations; and
- Carry out other activities consistent with these charitable purposes.
NZACRes membership is open to all those who have an interest in clinical research.
- Investigators, Study Coordinators, Physicians, Clinical Research Nurses, University and Hospital based research personnel
- Clinical Research Managers, Clinical Research Associates, Regulatory Specialists and personnel from research institutes
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device research personnel
- Pharmacists and Laboratory personnel
- Health Economists, Biostatisticians and Data Managers
- Medical Writers and Industry Consultants
In March 2019 Ruth took up the post as Research Manager for Cancer & Blood Research at Auckland District Health Board, broadening her industry experience into the DHB.
Living in the Hutt Valley allows her to enjoy the combination of suburban and a semirural life style with her husband, kids and animals.
I have had the privilege to support product development on many device solutions which aim to improve patient care and outcomes. Originally focussing on the efficacy of algorithms to detect sleep to wake transitions based on the breath pattern, to improve comfort and compliance for patients with obstructive sleep apnea. I subsequently spent over a decade building a body of evidence in collaboration with international research partners for a new therapy, surgical humidification. More recently I am supporting the development of non-invasive ventilation solutions. Responsible for strategic design and management of development activities and global clinical investigations to support the whole product lifecycle from preclinical to pre and post market support.