The New Zealand Association of Clinical Research (NZACRes) is a professional association for clinical researchers. It was formed to foster and promote clinical research in New Zealand.
NZACRes is a non-profit scientific educational organisation run by volunteer officers selected from its membership.
The objective of NZACRes shall be to promote medical research in New Zealand to improve public health. In particular, NZACRes will
- Foster clinical research in New Zealand;
- Facilitate the exchange of information amongst members interested in clinical research;
- Provide and foster education and training in clinical research;
- Facilitate communication amongst New Zealand clinical researchers and with other national and international clinical research organisations; and
- Carry out other activities consistent with these charitable purposes.
NZACRes membership is open to all those who have an interest in clinical research.
- Investigators, Study Coordinators, Physicians, Clinical Research Nurses, University and Hospital based research personnel
- Clinical Research Managers, Clinical Research Associates, Regulatory Specialists and personnel from research institutes
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device research personnel
- Pharmacists and Laboratory personnel
- Health Economists, Biostatisticians and Data Managers
- Medical Writers and Industry Consultants
In March 2019 Ruth took up the post as Research Manager for Cancer & Blood Research at Auckland District Health Board, broadening her industry experience into the DHB.
As a business owner I believe I bring a commercial focus to the challenges experienced by clinical trials sites, whether in the private or public sector. I also have a strong interest in the development of career pathways for study co-ordinators.
Living in the Hutt Valley allows her to enjoy the combination of suburban and a semirural life style with her husband, kids and animals.